Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Step 1- Masking the Pain


So I feel like the first step in creating this costume has to be Dr Dooms Metal Mask. It’s the hardest and most distinguishable part of his costume. Once I finish that, it’s all downhill from there!

As I was searching the internet for inspiration, on what few costumes I saw, people had made their mask out of plastic or card board! ACK! I wanted to try to make this as authentic as I could afford. My Goal is to surpass the Dr Doom Costume used in the 1994 Fantastic 4 movie. Don’t Laugh, for as awful as that movie was his costume wasn’t all that bad! See Right--->

My only Major Gripe is with the mask, but it’s a hell of allot better than the new Dr Doom Costume!


The Plan right Now is to make the Mask out of steel. I have never worked with metals before, so im entering some unknown territory here. Allot of websites are stating that you can cut steel with the right blade using a Jigsaw. I am first going to find out if there is anyplace locally who could professionally cut the mask out of 16 gauge steel. Most places have suggested Plasma cutting as it is the quickest and most precise method. Ill let you know what I hear back.

1 comment:

James Wortman said...

Dude, I totally need to watch the old-school Fantastic Four movie one of these days.I think Midtown Comics has bootlegs...