Saturday, February 27, 2010

Goodbye Aluminum! Hello again.... Steel!

Yup! I'm Switching BACK to steel! And I'm doing so with vigor and knowledge on my side. Last week i found the web forum on The Armour Archive and i posted my predicament for all to reply. Within no time at all, i received many replies insisting that i not use Aluminum considering my experience level. Not only did i learn that aluminum is very temperamental when you shape it but it is also not much cheaper than steel! Upon hearing this, i ordered a brand new set of Aviation shears:
And contacted my local Machine shop in White Plains to pickup some 18 gauge Mild steel Scraps:



That's over 24 Square feet of Steel for 25 Bucks! You cant beat that!
The Whole Armour Archive Forum Thread can be seen at This Link


No comments: