Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Arming my arms- 3 (this is getting redundant)

Now its time to adjust the Rerebrace, or upper arm, so that it fits comfortably.


Shown above is a closeup of the current rerebrace top and bottom. If you remember from my earlier post, this was a temporary fix. All of the patterns i came across for full arms did not have a cover for the exposed side of the bicep. I used the pattern for the rerebrace and added a similar curve to the Vambrace bottom so that it will function similarly. Now the only issue is sizing!

Its just too large! That's what she said What? oh nothing.
 
Ahem, Moving along then. Shown above is my final pattern for the upper and lower rerebrace. Last time when i adjusted the overlapping material, i just cut off the excess. In this case, it was not that easy. Since the pattern my pattern was makeshift, i had to "recreate" the pattern in real life, instead of how things work in my mind. I untied the rerebrace from my cardboard arm and wrapped a large piece of parchment around it. I then traced around the edges of the correctly fitted cardboard mock up. The end result was one large piece of parchment. The used the width of the original pattern to decide where to separate the two pieces.

The end result is a nice clean fitted rerebrace! Now its time to get to work!


No comments: