Monday, September 20, 2010

My BELT

Alright, let me first start by saying that i have been searching for Dooms Belt for MONTHS.

I am scrapping the gun holster, due to its difficulty and uselessness.
The belt itself, i am estimating here, looks to be about 3" wide.
To find a three inch wide brown belt with a brass buckle is not as easy as you would expect. 
I looked into weight belts, woman's belts and even making my own buckle.
All of the above options were either way too expensive or way to time consuming.
Then in my Internet searches i came across an eBay listing for a 3" Brass Buckle!!!
So i contacted the seller and he was also able to make me a 3" brown "belt Blank"!
A belt blank is basically just a long strip of leather in the shape of a belt. 
So i will have to rivet it together and punch the holes still, but that's minimal compared to making a buckle!
The Lister's name is landco317 Checkout his eBay page! 
He was extremely helpful and i would highly recommend him to anyone!

Here is the buckle, i used the dollar bill so that you could see how large it is!

Look how thick the belt is! isn't it perfect!

Here's a fair idea of how it will look assembled!
But you wont have to imagine soon, as i will post photos of the finished product!

No comments: